The Boys & Girls Clubs of America was founded in 1860 in Connecticut to give local boys a positive alternative to the streets. Over the years, that Club turned into a national movement reaching a membership of over four million boys and girls, making it one of the largest youth serving agencies in the United States.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County (BGCBC) joined the national organization in 1965 and have grown along with the movement. We now have 12 facilities with a membership of 12,642 youth. We are proud to say we are the 5th largest club in the nation.
BGCBC is a nonprofit 501(C)(3) private agency. We rely on funding raised by our Board of Directors, special events, general donations, corporate sponsors, foundation support, endowments, and funding from Broward County Government.