REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
The primary responsibility of the Accounting Director is to ensure the timeliness, accuracy, and integrity of financial records and reports. The primary activities of the Accounting Director are the accounting staff supervision, the completion of the monthly accounting cycle and the accounts monthly reconciliation. The Accounting Director reports directly to the CFO and supervises the Senior Staff Accountant, Staff Accountants, and the Accounts Payable Coordinator. The Accounting Director backs up key duties of staff and the CFO in his/her absence.
- Plans, conducts, and supervises monthly and annual closings and all other activities related to the accounting cycle
- Calculates payroll journal entry, records, and posts general journal entries.
- Maintains subsidiary ledger detail for selected general ledger accounts and reconciles these amounts to general ledger balances.
- Analyzes and reconciles selected assets, liabilities, revenue, equity, and expense accounts.
- Enters and maintains budgetary information in the general ledger.
- Maintains all other system settings and parameters in the general ledger and journals.
Grant and Regulatory Reporting:
- Reviews billing invoices for Broward County and other granting agencies
- Prepares financial reports for granting agencies
- Prepares filings with state agencies and other regulatory bodies, Annual Reports, Department of Commerce, Multiple Worksite Report, Unclaimed Property, Review Form 941
- Review preparation and posting of payroll journal entries.
- Supervises entire bi-weekly payroll process.
- Prepares a daily cash balance report for the operating account and other accounts as needed
- Reviews reconciliation of all bank accounts to the general ledger
Receipts and Receivables:
- Coordinates and reconciles revenue recorded in the fund-raising database and the general ledger.
- Reviews and monitors the general ledger classification of all receipts
- Attends special events and supervises collection of funds at registration & auction checkout.
Supervisory and Backup:
- Supervises all finance staff, and when necessary, backs up the Senior Staff Accountant, and the Accounts Payable Coordinator
- Backs up the CFO in his/her absence as needed and as specified by the Co-CEOs.
- Prepares and updates standard operating procedures as needed.
- Provides auditors with schedules, documents, and assistance.
- Monitors electronic interfaces between the accounting system and other data sources.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required with thorough knowledge, minimum of five years, of not-for-profit accounting experience strongly preferred, suitable prior work experience may be substituted in lieu of education at the discretion of BGCBC Management;
- Experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge, SAPP, Great Plains or similar accounting software required.
- Experience with ADP or other payroll software required.
- The ability to analyze and clearly communicate complex financial information is required.
- Superior interpersonal abilities are needed, with the ability to always get along with diverse personalities displaying tact, maturity, and flexibility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Reliable transportation is needed to attend meetings and events.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The duties above indicate the essential functions of the job. High energy level required. Must possess good interpersonal abilities; and the ability to always get along with diverse personalities displaying tact, maturity, flexibility and professionalism. Successfully communicate through speaking, writing and reading with comprehension. Manage multiple tasks with varying deadlines. Some local travel required.
Salary: $80,000 a year plus benefits and more!