RESPONSIBLE TO: Club Director
The Education Instructor is responsible for encouraging an interest in and advancement in education for Boys & Girls Club members through the use of computers and traditional educational methods.
Must have knowledge of both Education and Computer Science
- Conduct three classes per day of eight boys and girls using computers and other educational tools as needed.
- Open library for more informal uses when classes are not in session.
- Encourage development of basic skills.
- Encourage children to learn programs offered (digital arts, Club Tech, etc.)
- Plan the Education Program on a weekly basis.
- See that all materials and equipment are properly cared for.
- Develop a positive relationship with members.
- Use attractive displays to encourage participation and learning.
- Keep area neat, clean and supervised at all times.
- Develop a method of testing to evaluate progress.
- Contact member’s regular teachers if needed to discuss progress and needs.
- Request needed materials in writing.
- Prepare reports as directed.
- Assist with other Boys & Girls Club activities and events as assigned.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
High energy level, comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities. Superior interpersonal abilities. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, at all times displaying tact, maturity and flexibility. Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment. Physical requirements include sight, hearing, standing, walking and sitting. Skills essential for successful communications include speaking and writing.
Part Time – 2 pm to 7 pm