A Safe Place for Kids Afterschool and During the Summer
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County serves over 12,500 youth between the ages of 6 – 18 each year
- Our 11 Clubs and 1 Teen Center are located in Deerfield Beach, Pompano Beach, North Lauderdale, Lauderhill, Ft. Lauderdale (3), Davie (2), Hollywood and West Park
- Clubs are open for members afterschool and on Saturdays during the school year and weekdays during the summer. Click Here for a complete list of Club Hours
- Members pay $15 per year but Actual Cost per Member to the Organization is $1,305
- Youth services and programs provided focus on everything from education, social recreation, health and physical education, to leadership and citizenship development, cultural enrichment, and personal adjustment with one-on-one counseling.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County received Charity Navigator’s highest ranking of Four Stars for its sixth year in a row. Only 4% of the 6,000 charities evaluated receive this recognition.
- 96% of Senior Club members graduate from High School, compared to 76% in Broward County
- 96% of Club members progressed to the next grade level
- 83% of High School Seniors are enrolled in College
- 4.2 million healthy snacks and hot meals have been served since 2011
- 89.3% of parents and 82.4% of members responded that since going to the Club they are interested in doing physical exercise
- 97.8% of parents agree or strongly agree that their children are in a safe environment at the Club.
- 53.9% of parents strongly believe that the Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County enabled them to keep their jobs
- For every $1.00 spent, we generate $18.45 of positive economic impact through increased parental earnings, increased lifetime earnings of additional high-school graduates, averted juvenile arrests, avoided teen pregnancies and reduced underage drinking, smoking and drug use.