Reports to: Senior Director of Marketing, Communications and Community Engagement
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provide assistance within the Graphic Design and Content Creation areas in the Marketing and Events department, in order to meet deadlines and social media presence.
- Study design briefs and determine requirements for projects.
- Able to schedule projects with excellent time management.
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements of the project.
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas to the Marketing team.
- Use the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic, following BGCA guidelines.
- Work with copywriters and creative director to produce final design.
- Test graphics across various media.
- Amend designs after feedback is provided.
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand.
- Capture video and images from various events.
- Craft engaging and compelling content with creativity and innovation.
- Experience in creating social media strategies that are up to date.
Requirements and Skills in Graphic Design
- Proven graphic designing experience.
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics.
- Proficient in the below software and technologies:
- Digital (UI, UX, Sketch)
- Typography & Typesetting
- Design principles
- Idea generation
- Designing for Print
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines.
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts, or related field is a plus.
Experience as a content creator or social media manager or a similar role.
- Knowledge of best practices for social media platforms such as Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized and able to multitask.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The duties above indicate the essential functions of the job. High energy level required. Must possess good interpersonal abilities; and the ability to always get along with diverse personalities displaying tact, maturity, flexibility, and professionalism; good reasoning abilities and sound judgment. Successfully communicate through speaking, writing, and reading with comprehension. Manage multiple tasks with varying deadlines. Some local travel required.
Most of the work will be conducted in an office setting; however, some blocks of time will be away from the office and at the event venues.
20 hours a week