RESPONSIBLE TO: Assistant Director, Teen Center/Teen Center Director, or Club Director
The Media Lab Instructor is responsible for encouraging an interest in the visual and auditory arts for Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County members through the recording studio, sound board, media arts, and production.
Must have knowledge of both recording studio and production background. Working knowledge of Photoshop elements and media is highly preferred.
- Teach the technical aspects of music production and sound engineering in small group sessions based in a timely format.
- Teach the creative aspects of music production and recording including vocal recording techniques, songwriting, performance, etc.
- Showcase of various musical genres for inspirational and brainstorming purposes.
- Direct, edit, and oversee the production of bi-monthly sketch comedy and music video show allowing the members creative freedom to film music videos and comedy skits consistent with BGCBC conduct standards.
- Conduct multiple classes per day using computers and other educational tools as needed.
- Encourage development of basic skills, knowledge, and interest in industry.
- Encourage youth to learn programs offered (digital arts, Club Tech, etc.)
- Create, plan, and implement a learning plan for technical and artistic aspects of program.
- See that all materials and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained and keep area neat, clean, and supervised always.
- Work with members to implement creative programs and skill development in the areas of music, digital arts, media production and technology.
- Research and promote to members the careers, training opportunities, certification programs, and post-secondary options related to the industry.
- Use age-appropriate engaging displays to encourage participation and learning.
- Develop a method of testing to evaluate progress.
- Develop a system for the use of any club equipment not limited to instruments, computers, tablets, etc.
- Request needed materials in writing.
- Prepare reports as directed.
- Assist with other Boys & Girls Club activities and events as assigned.
A Bachelor’s Degree in related field is preferred and possess a minimum of one (1) year experience working with children in a youth development setting, Boys & Girls Club or similar organization, and/or other experience working with youth. Experience in a studio or other media industry position preferred.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
High energy level, comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities. Superior interpersonal abilities. Develop a positive relationship with members. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, always displaying tact, maturity, and flexibility. Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment. Physical requirements include sight, hearing, being actively on your feet, and sitting for periods of time each day. Skills essential for successful communications include speaking and writing.
Part Time – 2 pm to 7 pm