RESPONSIBLE TO: Supervisor of area assigned.
GENERAL FUNCTION: Support staff for various program as assigned.
Must have working knowledge of core program areas including academic success, education and career, and health and physical education. Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with others.
1. Stimulate interest and participation for members in areas assigned such as reading/math/nutrition/fitness.
2. Help maintain classroom materials and fitness equipment.
3. Help instructor, coordinator, classroom teacher or fitness director as assigned.
4. Help with mobilizing members to attend or participate in program.
5. Help with maintaining discipline and adherence to BGC rules.
6. Develop a positive atmosphere among the members toward achieving long term academic and social goals.
7. Assist with collecting and tabulating data
8. Other duties as assigned
Prior experience working with children helpful. Must have working knowledge of Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County’s core program areas including, academic success, education and career, health, and physical education.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with others.
- High level of energy, endurance, and patience.
- Comfortable working with different personalities in an informal environment.
- Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment.
- Ability to always model appropriate behaviors.
- Ability to address and de-escalate crisis.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
The duties above indicate the essential functions of the job. Job is physically comfortable; some local travel may be required. Physical requirements include sight, hearing, sitting, standing, and walking for over two hours plus per day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Walking – throughout workday, required to monitor members as they participate.
- Talking – required to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Hearing – frequently required to work in a moderately loud environment.
- Sight – position requires both close and distance visual acuity for computer work and monitoring members.
- Standing – required to stand for sustained periods of time.
- Sitting – occasionally required to sit.
- Bending – occasionally required to bend (picking items up off of the floor, assisting in set-up and break down tables).
- Use of hands/fingers – occasionally required to type for extended periods of time (answering emails, writing reports, creating program documents, etc.).
- Lifting – occasionally required to lift/move items up to 20 pounds.
- Skills essential for successful communication include speaking and writing.
- Worker will be subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
Part Time position 2 pm – 7 pm