GENERAL FUNCTION:Teacher for CSC Summer Program, Y.E.S. Program (School Year), or I-Ready program
Must have a current Teacher’s Certificate and emergency First Aid & CPR Certificate. Must have the ability to teach in an informal environment.
- Stimulate interest and participation for members in specific area assigned, i.e. reading/math/nutrition/fitness, etc.
- Maintain classroom management and classroom materials.
- Prepare lesson plans, reward systems and parental contacts.
- Mobilizing members to attend program classes.
- Maintaining discipline and adherence to BGC rules.
- Develop a positive atmosphere among the members toward achieving long term academic and social goals.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
High level of energy, endurance and patience are required. Comfortable working with different personalities in an informal environment. Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment. Ability to model appropriate behaviors at all times. Ability to address and de-escalate crisis.
Physical requirements include sight, hearing, sitting for over two hours plus per day.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS:
Completion of program and improved outcomes (reading, math, fitness & nutrition). Positive feedback from Director of Program Development.