GENERAL FUNCTION: Support staff for various programs as assigned.
Must have working knowledge of core program areas including academic success, education and career, and health and physical education. Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with others. Current high school student or college student preferred.
- Stimulate interest and participation for members in areas assigned such as reading/math/nutrition/fitness.
- Help maintain classroom materials and fitness equipment.
- Help instructor, coordinator, classroom teacher or fitness instructor as assigned.
- Help with mobilizing members to attend or participate in program.
- Help with maintaining discipline and adherence to BGC rules.
- Develop a positive atmosphere among the members toward achieving long term academic and social goals.
- Assist with collecting and tabulating
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
High level of energy, endurance and patience. Comfortable working with different personalities in an informal environment. Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment. Ability to model appropriate behaviors at all times. Ability to address and de-escalate crisis. Physical requirements include sight, hearing, sitting for over two hours plus per day.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS:
Ensure a safe fun environment for members to learn and grow.