Just a few hours a week as a volunteer will not only make a difference in a child's life, it will make a positive impact on yours as well. Volunteering at the Boys & Girls Club will provide you with new experiences and skills as you serve as a role model to kids and positively impact the communities in which they live. Our goal is to match your availability, skills and interests with a Club near where you work or live. In addition to one-time and ongoing volunteer opportunities at our Clubs, volunteers are also welcome to assist at our events and at our Ft. Lauderdale Administrative Office. All volunteers must be 18 years or older to volunteer in our clubs and 21 years or older to volunteer at fundraising events. We do not offer volunteer hours for court ordered community service.
BGCBC needs motivational speakers and help with special events and a host of other activities.
An ongoing volunteer is an individual who makes a 6 month commitment to volunteer at least 2 hours a week. Examples include serving as a tutor, athletic assistant, or the facilitator of a variety of programs for youth. email@example.com
- Potential volunteers must fill out an application
- Potential volunteers must come in for an interview and orientation
- Potential volunteers must undergo a drug test
- Potential volunteers must undergo an FBI fingerprinting background check
- BGCBC will contact 3 references who have known you at least 1 year
- BGCBC staff will then train and supervise you in your chosen location
- Volunteer Orientations are held monthly. At the orientation you will learn about our organization, the Volunteer Program and the steps to becoming a Volunteer. To find out when the next Volunteer Orientation is, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We also welcome volunteer groups from corporations and other organizations. If your company or organization would like to schedule a large group project, please allow at least three weeks notice between contacting us and the scheduled date for your project so that we are able to find the best Club for you.
Please contact Nicole Melendez @ email@example.com for more information on Corporate and Group Volunteer Opportunities.