The Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County offers College & Career Corner to help teen Club Members prepare for life after high school.
This vital program allows teen members to participate in a ten-week New England Prep SAT course at the Leo Goodwin Teen Center. Members learn test-taking strategies for both the math and verbal sections of the SAT that have been proven to improve students' performance on standardized tests.
Broward County Public Schools is providing Naviance for all district students in grades 6-12 to help with college and career planning!
This world-class system is designed to inform students, parents, and schools with:
- Researching careers, colleges, and majors
- Finding local and national scholarships and enrichment programs
- Exploring students' career interests, learning styles, personality types, and multiple intelligences
- Building resumes and holistic portfolios for job and college applications
- Setting goals and developing personalized plans for success
- Requesting and sending electronic transcripts
- Learning about success skills, financial planning, self-discovery, and building support network
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County offers county-wide and state-wide college tours to colleges, universities, and vocational schools. Teen Club Members have visited Florida Atlantic University, the University of Florida, Florida State University, Broward College and Nova Southeastern University.
The Annual Career Day at American Heritage School exposes Club Members to different careers including accounting, entrepreneurship, marketing, aviation, automotive, medicine, real estate and more!
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County provides over $50,000 in scholarships to deserving high school graduates. The Scholarships include the Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County "Nan Knox" Scholarship, Gary Rotella Stars Prepaid Scholarship, Marti Huizenga Broward College Scholarship and more!