William Edwin Hall, a Wall St. lawyer, served as the unpaid president of the Boys Clubs of America from 1915-1954. Through his leadership the organization grew from 43 Boys’ Clubs to more than 375 clubs and 350,000 members when he retired in 1954. It has been said that he, more than any one person, made it possible to offer young boys (and now girls) an alternative to a life of delinquency and unhappiness.
Goal: Engage supporters who may not have time or financial capacity to join the corporate board.
- Conduct quarterly personal development “meet ups” that enlighten on lesser known industries or companies.
- Host informal social/networking event at little or no cost to members.
- Facilitate volunteer opportunities
- Work with members to obtain financial support from their organization or other alternate sources.
- Matching gifts, grants, in-kind and paid to for volunteer hours.
- By invitation only
- $1200 annual dues, of which $180 goes to sponsor a membership at assigned clubs.
- Installments available
- Attend 6 of 12 events
- 3 Social, 3 Professional development events and 6 volunteer events
Past hosts: Hotwire, Piazza Italia, C&I Studios, Fat Village, Ft Lauderdale Executive Airport,
Attorney Eugene Pettis, Cox Media Group Miami, 4Ever Young anti-aging.
- Hard Rock Stadium
- Wizard Creations, hosted by Jeff Bishop
- BGCBC Career Day
- BGCBC Club summer prep and club clean up
- Serve supper at a club
- Federal Reserve Bank tour
Discounted pricing to select BGCBC events