REPORTS TO: Co-CEO
The Vice President of Development will be responsible for planning, implementing, developing, and growing the comprehensive fundraising program for securing financial support from Individuals, Foundations, and Corporations. Identifies, cultivates and successfully solicits gifts from Individuals, Foundations, and Corporations (generally five/six-figure gifts).
- Actively engage donors and prospects at all events, cultivating and enhancing those relationships and the value of their leadership & planned gifts to Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County’s long-term mission and goals.
- Develop marketing and PR for campaign.
- Schedule and conduct regular face-to-face visits, minimum of 15 donor relationship tours per month, with current and potential leadership donors and prospects. Focus on high potential “repeat event participants” to develop relationships for the organization. (current and deferred planned gifts)
- Meet weekly with Co-CEO and VP of Corporate Events.
- Engage in Event “VIP” Parties.
- Engage newly engaged participants at events and renew existing relationships
- With assistance from Events staff, consistently document key conversations with donors and other pertinent information into the prospect management database, currently Raiser’s Edge.
- Utilize staff and volunteer resources to enhance philanthropic gift opportunities and increase donor engagement and recognition opportunities.
- Provide strategic leadership to the organization
- Work with Club Directors and staff to gain full understanding of our various club programs, mission and goals in order to provide customized investment options for donors.
- Represent the view of our individual donors as our strategic plan continues to develop
- Cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of existing major donors where appropriate
- Identification and solicitation of new gifts for BGCBC
- Manage major gifts and planned giving program including:
- Cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of existing major and planned giving donors
- Identification and solicitation of new major gifts, endowment gifts and planned gifts for BGCBC
- Growth of endowment fund
- Manage Legacy Society major donor program to include:
- Cultivate, solicit and steward existing Legacy Society donors and prospective donors
- Ensure partnership with Corporate Volunteer Board for penetration of workplace firms/corporations with Legacy Society engagement opportunities
- Manage Legacy Society donor stewardship processes and activities to include:
- Pledge and designation processing
- Acknowledgments, robust thank you program and Charitable Gift Summary reports
- Personal contact and personal meeting
- Partner with marketing to develop all communications, including solicitations, newsletters and correspondences for Legacy Society donors and planned giving donors
- Partner with Volunteer Corporate Board and staff to create, execute and oversee volunteer engagement plans for Legacy Society members that further the mission of Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County.
- Participates to implement priorities and goals as established in the Portfolio Management Work Plan.
- Works effectively with the Co-CEO to meet or exceed the metrics set forth in the Portfolio Management Work Plan.
- Reports to the Co-CEOs for direction and supervision in meeting the metrics and deliverables associated with donor portfolio management.
- Meet (report with the) Co-CEO bi-monthly.
- Accountable to the Co-CEO for meeting the professional standards of the BGCBC. Works collaboratively and strategically with the club staff, the Co-CEOs and other BGCBC staff and volunteer leaders.
- Understands that failure to meet metrics set forth in Portfolio Management Work Plan for three consecutive months or two of four consecutive months is grounds for dismissal.
- Secures financial support from Individuals, Foundations and Corporations and Governments.
- Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with major donors through moves management.
- Conducts fundraising to support BGCBC services.
- Supports the maximum utilization of volunteers and provides appropriate training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in fundraising or community outreach / sales in a corporate environment.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with top volunteers and cultivating and successfully soliciting potential donors
- Successful track record of non-profit fund development and/or for profit sales and sales management
- Administrative and supervisory experience working with volunteers and staff supervision a must.
- Computer proficiency required in customer relationship management systems, Microsoft Office software programs, and electronic giving and information exchange.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge (or similar fundraising database) and prospect research skills strongly preferred.
- Work experience in a nonprofit environment and knowledge of Boys & Girls Clubs Operations preferred.
- Adaptable to a variety of social settings, with knowledge and tolerance of diverse communities and ideas
- Excellent writing, organizational, interpersonal skills
- Local travel required, along with flexibility in work hours
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The duties above indicate the essential functions of the job. Job is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. Job occasionally requires stooping bending; some very light lifting, such as three or four reams of paper or textbooks up to 20 pounds may be required. Travel is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This job description is intended to provide a summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. You may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.